Saturday, November 15, 2014

Fall Flower Wreath

With Thanksgiving mere days away and the inspiring colors of Autumn brightening the cool air like a roaring fire, it is time for our fall wreath to go up.  

Last year I made this pine cone wreath - my gorgeous, prickly little thing.  
After we moved the wreath was mangled beyond recognition (packing is not my strong suit), so I thought I should remake it as a fall flower wreath, but I have to be honest, now that I see the pine cone wreath photo, I wish I would've just remade the same wreath. 

Now that is just not something I say everyday - less flowers, more pricks.  

But oh well, this is about the flower wreath.  So here is what I used, all of which came from Michael's, the total cost (since I already owned the hot glue gun) was just under $25:
3 "statement" flowers
1 twig wreath
2 hydrangea flower bunches (different colors) 
1 sprig branch
mini hot glue gun
bag of mini glue sticks

I started by ripping off all the green leaves from the flower bunches.
Then I glued all of those to the wreath. 
Next I added one of the hydrangea colors.
Then I started to add the other hydrangea color and realized I wanted to place the "statement" flowers.
Next I added the rest of the hydrangeas. 
Not looking that impressive, I know.  Time to add variety to the wreath - here come the sprigs. 
Yeah, those will do.  

The wreath was still looking kind of boring to me so I added a pine cone (I should call this post "pining for pine cones") to see how it would look.    
That definitely added some dimension, so I glued on a couple more. 

There it is - done & done.   
Yep, we have an orange fence (painting is for the spring), still think I should've stuck with the pine cones, lesson learned; always stick with what works! 

Hope you have a great week and take some time to stop and enjoy the flowers...or the pine cones! 
~D & H   

  





No comments:

Post a Comment