Wednesday, September 21, 2016

"Sweet Little One" Birthday Party

We had a wonderful afternoon celebrating our sweet little girl's first birthday with family & friends!

I don't have words for the wonderful challenge that this year has been, without a doubt this has been the best year of my life & surrounded by the people we love on her birthday, watching her giggle & play, I couldn't have felt more blessed.



One of the crafts I made for her birthday were these super cute (& easy!) cake stands, so I thought I'd share the details.

I bought glass plates, cups & bowls from Goodwill. I chose patterned glasses & this ended up showing off the paint beautifully.


I bought copper & silver Krylon spray paint from Michaels, as well as the glue shown below.  (This glue is worth buying. I've already used it on so many random projects around the house.)




I traced the bottom rim of the cup with glue, then spun that on the bottom of the plate, so I had the correct outline, then added more glue to both & I let them dry overnight.


Buying spray paint is an exercise in self control for me since I start painting everything in sight. I still have leftover paint so I'll call that a win. 

See, super easy. 



The days are long, but the weeks go by quick, enjoy every second!
~H & D 



No comments:

Post a Comment