Thursday, March 2, 2017

DIY: Knitted Infinity Scarf for Kiddo

I'm just going to say it, I have the cutest kid in the world.  I really do.  Getting her dressed every morning is one of the best parts of my day,  especially when she is wearing something that I made for her! 




A few weeks ago I knitted that infinity scarf for her, I think it took roughly six hours to make (over the course of about a week), here is what you need to DIY and how I did it. 

What you need
Two skeins of yarn
  • I used some random yarn I had in my craft collection and used two different colors - a multi-tone white/gray one similar to this yarn, and a gray similar to this yarn
  • You actually don't need two entire skeins for this project but since you will be knitting with both at the same time for this project it is easier to get two rather than to work from both ends of one
Knitting Needles 
  • The size of the needles isn't crucial, I used ones that are smaller than I normally use for my own scarves so the stitch would be a little bit tighter. 
Free Time 

How to 
  • Using both skeins of yarn, cast on 16 stitches
  • Knit 5, Purl 5, Knit 5, Purl 5
  • Continue this pattern until your scarf is the desired length
  • To complete this scarf I cut the ends of the yarn about a foot from where my last stitch was, then I simply placed the ends of the scarf together and stitched through them with the yarn until the ends were completely stitched together, then I tied it off.  Using needle and a thread would have worked as well.  
What a cutie pie, I am one blessed momma!

Happy knitting,
~D & H

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment