Friday, February 16, 2018

Recipe for Naturally Curly Hair

My hair is naturally eight kinds of crazy, so every morning is like the taming of the shrew.  I wish I had low-maintenance, air drying, no heat necessary behaving waves but that is just not even close to my reality.

If you have curls you already know to keep a hair product rotation because let's face it good curls depend on the humidity, your hormones and the hair god's alignment with Jupiter, and since the hair can't stand being washed daily the products you pick have to have some staying power. 
       

These are the products that are working for my hair right now.   (BTW, all of these are drugstore products and all have sulfates.  I've tried the whole "sulfate free" routine and  WHY?)

Shampoo/Conditioner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration

Add to wet hair: TRESemme Make Waves Gel Cream 
This gel cream feels a little gooky (gooey-sticky) so you need less than you think. For mine, I work a quarter sized amount through the top half of my hair, then another quarter sized amount through the bottom. 

Then two pumps of this:  Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine

Let hair air dry.  Or blow on it a little.  Absolutely no touching.  


Okay now you can touch.  

Touch up the bottom two inches of hair and the front with a curling wand like this one from Hot Tools.  One recommendation - pick a curling iron barrel size based on the size of your curls (doi right?).    




I definitely go through phases where my curly hair annoys me and I punish it with a flatiron, but really, this wild hair is just like me - a little crazy but soft and tameable if you have the right tools. 

I hope this helps you rock your curls, embrace your crazy and just be yourself!

~D & H


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment