Sunday, April 1, 2018

DIY Kitchen Upgrades: Go Green!

From the moment I first saw this kitchen I was OBSESSED with it!  It has been the heart of our home for several years now and it was time to give it a little love. 

We painted the cabinets, updated the trim, added a new light and drawer pulls.  I am absolutely LOVING the fresh look and have included links to the products below.   



Here is our kitchen before...


...and after.


Pendant Light
D converted the can light over the sink to a pendant light using this kit. He then hung this antique steel finish pendant. Since the light bulb is visible we splurged for these LED Edison bulbs

Drawer Pulls
These drawer pulls vibe with the hardware we already have and work so much better than the knobs.   

Paint
We chose Miller's Cove Sage for the color, it feels so much more grounded than the blue that the cabinets used to be.
 




Here are a few more photos, I love this kitchen even more after the years of cooking, baking and quality time that I've spent in it with family and friends. 


(Also, I have to say it because I can't stand overly staged photos - I really was making a smoothie for myself, then my littlest fell asleep in her bouncer and I didn't want to startle her with the noise.  We'll give her another month and she'll be just as immune to all my crazy noise as her big sister!)



D really took this project home, I had started this project during my LAST spring break, thinking I could knock it out in a week...um, that's a NO girl, no you can't!  The top and bottom cabinets were mismatched for ALMOST an entire year!  Mucho thanks to him for finishing the painting and also for his craftsmanship on the trim that adds a little elegance.  

Cheers to many more recipes, art projects, gatherings and giggles in this wonderful little kitchen,  
D & H

No comments:

Post a Comment