Sunday, January 8, 2017

Eucalyptus Wreath Rework

I was looking for a winter wreath.  Do I even need to say I wanted it to be simple, classic and cheap?   Well that wreath doesn't exist.  Or at least, not anywhere I looked.  

So I went off to the Michael's sale section to find an okay looking wreath that I could rework.  

I found this messy eucalyptus wreath for 80% off.
Then I went looking for some simple green and white foliage.  
I removed the bow and wretched flowers from the wreath then started to add the green foliage to the wreath attaching the pieces using a hot glue gun. 
Two words I kept in mind while adding the foliage were restraint and symmetry.  This eucalyptus wreath was actually really beautiful on it's own so I didn't want to add foliage pieces that were too bulky, also for a more classic looking wreath I wanted it to be fairly symmetric. 

This wreath ended up costing just under $25 and took me only a few minutes to rework.  We get tons of compliments on it and it smells wonderful. 

Welcome Winter! 
~D & H
 

No comments:

Post a Comment