Thursday, January 26, 2017

Lazy & Delicious Tortilla Soup

It is COLD and RAINY here which means there is nothing like coming home to a warm, delicious dinner.  This soup is all that AND it is  super easy. YAY!  



Dump the ingredients below into your crockpot then walk away slowly...

Tortilla Soup
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can rotel diced tomatoes  
1 can green chilies
2 cups shredded chicken
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp chicken boullion
4 cups of water 

Does it still count as cooking even though I didn't stir anything? Sure, why not.   

I left everything in the crockpot on high for roughly three hours.  

Just prior to serving, I used a pizza cutter on a few tortillas to make tortilla strips for the soup - I threw them on a cookie sheet and baked them at 350 degrees until they turned brown.  I served D's soup with the tortilla strips and a scoop of sour cream. For mine I sprinkled some shredded lettuce and avocado.  Yummo.

Getting warmer!
~D & H  

No comments:

Post a Comment