Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Easy Organization for Frozen Breastmilk

After building up a breastmilk stash I found that this was the easiest way for me to keep it organized in the freezer. 

What you'll need:
  • Breastmilk storage bags
    • I've tried a few different bags, these are my favorite because the tops do not tear when you open them and I have never had any leakage issues with them. 
  •  Sterilite Storage Trays
    • Check your local dollar store for these trays, I bought ~6inch trays and ~12 inch trays.
  • Storage Guidelines
    • KellyMom is THE resource on all things breastfeeding.  
What to do:
 
1) Label the bags with the date and the amount of milk.

2) Lay the bag in a 6 inch tray in the freezer, this will ensure the milk freezes flat which makes it so much easier to store.
3) The easiest way for me to keep it organized is to use the 12 inch tray to "file" the bags by laying them on their side, or you can use the smaller bins and stand the bags upright.  Just add the newest frozen bags to the back.

Shout out to all of you mommas out there, it isn't always easy but it is so worth it! 
~D&H

No comments:

Post a Comment